UMT IT 360
Effectively Run the Business of IT
With IT budgets in the hundreds millions of dollars, Enterprise CIOs are being placed under increasing pressure to reduce operating costs and effectively communicate the value of IT. Failure to respond to this challenge will ensure IT remains to be seen by many business leaders as a pure overhead that is not core to the organization’s success.
IT executives face the daunting task of managing hugely complex IT environments comprised of interrelated applications, infrastructure and project portfolios. To better align IT investment decisions with business priorities, assess sourcing alternatives and take advantage of new game changing technologies like cloud computing, virtualization and SaaS; CIOs need access to accurate financial data to effectively plan the evolution of their legacy portfolio. Surprisingly, today IT is one of the only functions across the enterprise that does not rely on a management information system to help CIOs effectively run the business of IT.
UMT IT 360 combines powerful IT Portfolio Analytics and IT Financial Management best practices with the leading resource and project management techniques of Microsoft Project Server 2010 to provide an end to end platform for managing the business of IT.
UMT IT 360 helps IT Executives effectively analyze, plan and manage the connected IT portfolio, model and control the entire IT budget and improve the quality and performance of IT Services. The solution provides simple and automated solution to help overcome key IT management issues including:
- Connect Disparate Portfolios – Breakdown the walls between siloed application, infrastructure and project portfolios to provide 360 degree view across all IT assets and work
- Up to Date & Accurate Data - Provide all stakeholders with access to accurate and up to date data to help support and enhance lifecycle decisions
- Optimize the Connected IT Portfolio - Analyze application, infrastructure and project portfolios to eliminate redundancies, identify cost reduction opportunities and finalize lifecycle decisions
- Visibility across all IT Demand - Projectize the resulting lifecycle decisions and consolidate all transformation initiatives and IT expenses into a repository and effectively control through governance workflows
- IT Financial Transparency - Model and control the discretionary and lights on budgets, enhance forecasting and effectively monitor the Total Cost of Ownership of applications, assets and services
- Improve Project Success Rates – Effectively manage IT resources and deliver transformation projects on-time and within budget
- Align with Business Priorities – Enhance communication with business partners by mapping IT assets and aggregating costs to corresponding IT services and / or business capabilities